Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Post with an Adventskranz!

Bonjour and Joyeux Noel!

Hope everyone is staying all bundled up and warm this holiday season. We have had very cold rainy weather here. But, I am happy to report we will be staying very warm on Christmas day, as we will be in sunny Mexico! Since we are not going to be around, I decided to put a little artificial tree up this year. Not ultra chic, but it certainly works! The past few days I have been thinking about what to use for my Christmas post. Then this morning, I received an email from my youngest daughter Bre, and she sent the perfect material! She has recently moved to Germany and this will be her first Christmas living abroad. I was delighted by her email and the photos she sent of her first handcrafted Adventskrantz! This is her sweet description: "So in Germany they have a tradition that five Sundays before Christmas you make an Adventskranz (a wreath with four candles). You light one candle the first Sunday, then two the next Sunday and so on until all the candles have been lit. You can light them during the week too, but only the ones previously lit. So anyway, I decorated ours and wanted to share it with you!" I learned something new today about another Christmas tradition, and thought it would make the perfect Christmas post to share with all of you! Below is Bre's beautiful Adventskranz.




Fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us Bre. Merry Christmas!

And Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope to see you in the New Year! Cheers and Warm Blessings, R.

3 comments:

  1. Rochele,
    These are such fabulous photos, it's always exciting to learn about different traditions around the world. Enjoy your time in Mexico and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochele,
    I am stopping by to say Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for your friendship and support in 2009. I look forward to a continuing friendship in 2010.
    I love your posting about the wreath. I have actually seen the wreath and four candles, but never knew the significance. I am so happy to learn of the tradition in Germany. I think I will keep that one in my memory bank for next year!
    Warmest holiday wishes to you and your family!
    XoXo'
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful new tradition your daughter shared with you.

    Yours is truly beautiful.

    Have a safe and happy New Year,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete