Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monochromatic Christmas: Blue

I know there’s something nostalgic about multi-colored, flashing and in-your-face Christmas décor, but despite the memories associated with the look, I’ve always preferred a more peaceful, monochromatic holiday feel myself. I’ve done several different one or two-pallate trees over the years (I’d post photos, but most of them were taken far before I got a digital camera, and I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that I’m the type who has boxes and boxes full of undeveloped film rolls)! Anyway, for some reason, I’m finding myself very attracted and pulled toward blue Christmas décor this year. Maybe it’s because I’ve been quite a stress-basket for months, and there’s something simple, clean and soothing about this look? Nonetheless, I’m hoping to find the time to decorate this year, and if I do, you can bet I’ll be taking my cue from these photos. If you’re not feeling the blue look, don’t fret: I’ll be posting several different monochromatic looks organized by color over the next several days. And I’ll include an idea in each color for your tree, wreath, stockings, table setting, gift wrap, decorations and even a party drink recipe to match! Just call it an early holiday present from me to you! xoxo






Tinsel Bellini

2 oz. HPNOTIQ
1 oz. limoncello
1 oz. Champagne
Splash of lime juice

Rim the Champagne flute with a light coat of sugar. Pour chilled HPNOTIQ, limoncello, and Champagne into the champagne flute. Add a splash of lime juice.
Photo Credits from Top to Bottom: SouthernLiving.com, CountryLiving.com, AGiftWrappedLife.com, CountryLiving.com, TheArtfulLifestyle.blogspot.com, MyHomeIdeas.com, MarieClaire.com

2 comments:

  1. I just had to share this drink on my blog & I linked the post to your blog.

    Have an Ooh La La Day!!!

    ReplyDelete