Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And The Nominees Are...

Oh, this is seriously one of my favorite times of year, when the Academy Award nominees are announced! That means I've got to hustle to see all of the nominated films I haven't had the pleasure of viewing up until now, as well as start planning my annual Oscar Party! The good news this year is that I've seen most of the Best Pictures, so the viewing part will be easy. But I've got a lot of brainstorming ahead for my party, seeing as how I've used all my best ideas so far (having an assorted popcorn bar, serving Steak Oscar and even having a real red carpet that ran all the way to my front door)! I'll be sharing photos and ideas from some of my past shindigs as the date draws near, as well as some new ones as I brainstorm, so hopefully you will throw an amazing Oscar party, as well! In the meantime, here's the list of the nominees in top categories, just so you can get a jump start on viewing these amazing films if you haven't already. Or, if you'd prefer, you can view the complete list (as well as great information on the nominated directors and actors, such as win history and biographies) here. Happy viewing! oxox, Chelle

BEST PICTURE
127 Hours
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King’s Speech
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter’s Bone

BEST ACTOR
Javier Bardem, Biutiful
Jeff Bridges, True Grit
Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
James Franco, 127 Hours

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christian Bale, The Fighter
John Hawkes, Winter’s Bone
Jeremy Renner, The Town
Mark Ruffalo, The Kids Are All Right
Geoffrey Rush, The King’s Speech

BEST ACTRESS
Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
Jennifer Lawrence, Winter’s Bone
Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams, The Fighter
Helena Bonham Carter, The King’s Speech
Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
Jacki Weaver, Animal Kingdom

Photo Credit: Opaline's Closet Blog

1 comment:

  1. Sound like a blast! Look forward to seeing lots of Pictures!

    ReplyDelete