Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Is it just me, or does nothing make a girl feel prettier than slipping into a flowy spring dress and showing off the sexy nape of her neck with a messy yet très chic chignon? It’s a style that looks and feels so effortless, and at the same time, whispers elegance. Like a ballet dancer. I seriously can’t get enough! But it’s an art to perfect that undone look, and it has taken me years to get it just right. Luckily, I’ve finally figured it out — and I’m going to share my secrets with you! Start with clean, dry and smooth hair (use a straightener and a little anti-frizz serum if you have natural waves or curls). Then, tease the top a tiny bit for volume and an “undone” look. Pull hair back into a low ponytail that you twist and turn into a messy bun. Use bobby pins to fix any loose pieces (though don’t make it too tight and formal), and then pull a few strands out in the front to give it that sexy, just-woke-up look. And voila: You’ve got a ballerina-like do that will surely win you more than a few admiring glances!



Photo credits from top to bottom: hairstyles-updo.com, doitinparis.com


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle,
    Such a pretty up-do, thanks for the tips! I'm having a giveaway on my blog so stop by and enter.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Chelle. Love that top image, so effortless and chic.
    GOod Sunday to you.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete